Mindeceremoni og march
On Saturday, April 23, at 13:00 – 14:30, the priest of the Ukrainian-speaking congregation in Denmark, Father Vasyl Tykhovych kindly invites Danes, Ukrainians, and all the friends and supporters of Ukraine to join the apolitical memorial service and commemorate the Ukrainian and other innocent victims of the war.
The memorial ceremony takes place on Saturday, April 23, at 13:00 – 13:45 at Rådhuspladsen, Copenhagen.
– Short review of practicalities in Danish and Ukrainian.
– Prayer for the victims of the war in Ukraine in Danish and Ukrainian by Father Vasyl Tykhovych.
– A minute of silence in memory of the victims of the war.
– A memorial ceremony for the victims of the war in Ukraine in Ukrainian by Father Vasyl Tykhovych.
The memorial march will take place on Saturday, April 23, at 13:45 – 14:30, starting from Rådhuspladsen in Copenhagen via Strøget to the Ukrainian Embassy.
– Quiet procession via Strøget and Kongens Nytorv to the Ukrainian Embassy.
– Laying of flowers at the Ukrainian Embassy.
The following Ukrainian organizations support the event unanimously:
– the umbrella organization of Ukrainians in Denmark: “AUD: Association of Ukrainians in Denmark”;
– humanitarian aid organizations: “Bevar Ukraine”, “Hjælp Ukraine” and “Hjælp ukrainske børn”;
– the Ukrainian cultural organizations: “Lastivka”, “Faino”, “Klub Ukraina” and “Ukrainsk sport forening”.
There will be no political demonstrations or speeches; therefore, we invite all political organizations, religious communities and other interest groups to join this prayer for peace, to honour and commemorate the victims.